Sunday, December 30, 2012

The uneligible bachelor

After an extremely demanding year of studies, work and travel, I finally got a chance to meet my family and friends after a year's gap. There's nothing like home. Chennai has changed so much but not the people. So far I  have spent a good amount of time catching up with relatives and friends. When you are 28 years old, more often than not, so are your friends. And more often that not, they have got a family of their own. Before, it was so easy to have dinner with friends. Now not so much. I am not afraid to say this out loud (I know my blog's patronage!). But I am extremely happy to see that the number of seats has increased at the table.

Having said that, the first question is always "so when is your time?" I wish I knew the answer. I mean, good luck trying to find a bride for an 28 year old unemployed student. It's not that people haven't been trying, but you got to admit, there aren't many options. And the "US-returned" tag aint worth much anymore. That's the problem of jumping late in the bandwagon. But if there is any teeny tiny good thing that has come out of this situation, it is this: I am not that scared of getting committed. Well, I am indeed afraid even now, but many of the fears and reservations that I had of getting into a relationship have kind of subdued now. Having said THAT, one should be extremely careful in getting into a commitment with the specimen that is Riaz. In fact, you don't have to look much beyond this blog to get an idea as to what kind of nut case I am. If you happen to know if someone's interested, please do warn them.

No comments: