Tuesday, December 31, 2013

A good year comes to an end


Got to say that 2013 has been the loneliest of my years so far. So many goodbyes in such a little time. And not to mention that this is the first time I am spending New Year's eve without my friends and family; only Chinese takeout and Big Bang Theory to keep me company. I'd like to think that I have grown and matured a little in this year; if not 30 is going to be no fun for sure.

For me, this year has been the year of milestones; some very long term dreams came true and some didn't. It's not a matter of giving up, just that some of them came with an expiry date. I guess that's fine, at least it allows me to not dwell on the past and just move forward. In hindsight, I might be chided for calling 2013 the year of milestones. Do I know something? Of course not but hope springs eternal doesn't it?

I am happy that I got to try a few things for the first time this year, all to positive outcomes so far. I'm thinking of all the things I could try and all the resolutions that I could make (and fail miserably to keep up..hmpfh) but I think I am just going to to keep the things going and perhaps hope something good comes out of those endeavors.

I wish you all a kick-ass 2014 year ahead.

No comments: