Thursday, April 29, 2010

Angels in the studio

I was seeing Indian Idol and thought, omg, Sunidhi is hot. That’s when I realized that there is a new breed of Indian playback singers who have some amazing looks in addition to the cherubic voices. So I thought of compiling some singers whom I know who share the aforementioned characteristics. And starting with…
Sunidhi Chauhan
This “rukhi rukhi” girl has come a long way since her debut. I started to pay special notice to her songs after listening to her in “Meri zindaghi mein aaye ho” from Armaan. Just stole my heart! My latest craze, “Chor bazari” is also hers. And of course, she has some killer looks!
Shreya Ghosal
Her singing is legendary. Not many singers have won four national awards by the age 25. After a nose job, extra make-up, and doing something with hair thingy, she is looking very cute nowadays!

Reena Bharadwaj
This London based girl has been a consistent fixture in ARR’s troupe. Remember “main vari vari” from Mangal Pandey or “baba kichu kichu tha” from Rajnikanth’s starrer Baba? Yup, it’s the same person. Not that we have to give such an introduction to her anymore. Her “Khilli Re” in Raavan for ARR is enough for the rest of the world to sit up and take notice. And just look how cute she is guys.

Mamta Mohandas
This south Indian actress is also an acclaimed singer. She has given some very peppy numbers, and the most famous of them all is “Daddy Mummy” for Vijay starrer Villu. Doesn’t look bad either, does she?
Andrea Jeremiah
Ok , now I just love this girl. She debuted in Gautam Menon’s Pachaikili Muthucharam opposite Sarathkumar, and immediately made the industry to notice her. But she saved her best looks for Aayirathil Oruvan. For the northies, She has lent her voice for “zara zara” song from Rakhee. But, this blog is not to about the singing talent anyway. Her song “maalai neram” for the movie Aayirathil Oruvan (Tamil) is one of my most favo songs
Anusha Mani
I discovered her during the latest IIT-saarang fest when she came along with Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy to perform. The “lazy lamhe” girl! So good looking na! She is also on facebook, if any of you crazies out there do care.


Shrradha Pandit
Not much to talk about her w.r.t songs, but she has a decent discography. Perhaps one of her better songs is “Aarti” from Dilli-6.
Tanvi Shah
This Jai ho girl needs no introduction!

Know any one else? Share the details in comment section.

2 comments:

Sangeetha Sundaram said...

Hey.. good picks indeed... Just curious to know... Has Andrea acted in Vettayadu Vilayadu...??? Thought that was some 'Mukherjee' gal...

Riaz said...

@sangs (my school mate right?)
You are so correct!! I guess I didn't pay good attention in the theater. Changed the movie name to "aayirathil oruvan." And yeah, that girl's name is Kamalini
Mukherjee. I apologize, it's my Gautam-Menon's-leading-lady-in-saree-all-look-woww syndrome. Did you check out his latest girl in Vinnaithandi Varuvaya in telugu (Ye maaya Chesave). She is smoking!!

And thanks for reading my blog! hugs! I guess I should make more stupid mistakes such as this to know who reads my posts :P :P