Friday, January 07, 2005

A date with tsunami.

Hi friends. I promised u ppl that i ud give my experience on the deadly sunday. I was awaken from my sleep by some sounds. I was like.."man these ppl wont let me sleep even on sunday". I dunno what the reason was. Then my brother came and told.."riaz riaz...sea water is coming to the main road da"...i was like.."yeah yeah"..but i happend to be true. First i thought the ppl was just making fuss of nunthing. So i started for my simxat test to be given. That was in stella maris college. So i had to head up the opposite way from the beach. All i saw was ppl running in and running out. I was even wondered when the news quickly spread to stella maris college. The exam was over by 12:30 pm and i was heading home. Only when i switched on the news channel i came to know the full scope of the diaster. Total Asia! Man! the impact was huge. The news was coming from all over the asia. 2000 dead in tamilnadu...atkeast 5000 from srilanka..atleast 700 fom thailand...the figures kept on increasing for every update. Without the knowledge of my parents i went to the beack. U ppl wont belive it but i live just 4 kms from the shore. The reason why chennai was saved is that the barriers along the coast. The roads, grills and al that stuff. The beach was a picture of mayhem. My beautiful marina...washed away! The once beautiful scenario was in mayhem now. And i know from that time on, it ud take a long time to heal...avery long time.

No comments: