Saturday, January 15, 2005

Is there a mean job?

I was thinking about this one when i got an offer from netvison cybertech. If you have been wondering what that company is, its a call center. And again if you are wondering why am i asking this question, im and engineering graduate in electronics and communication. People help me out, im in a quandary. Throughout my engineering life, I have always strived to be a techi. I was proud in being a techie. Now i have got a job, which doesnt belong to me. Well...why did i take it in the first place. It was the best offer my college could give to me at this point of time (no kidding guys!). Plus i tell why i chose ECE. It was in the year 2001...there was this software bust and ppl were beginning to lose their jobs. So I wanted o be secure and earn big bucks. Now i will begetting bucks...may not be big. They are offering me 16500+3000 rupees per month. Well, if u ask me to find a job better than that initial offer, i must admit it is hard to find. But there always will be that lingering thought why i havent chosen the technical field. The answer is...so far i havent gotr any oppurtunity. I had a couple...but screwed it up. I was chucked out of the techincal interview round at polaris software labs and i was mysteriously left out of the TVS electronics. Not much offer after that. Even now annauniversity is offering placements at CTS, TCS and wipro...but i dun have the eligibility. Im some cool 6 % short of teh cut off. Why its always at the climax that people learn. I have my own personal reasons to take that job. One simple thing is...i want to be secured. Second, i thought this oppurtunity to make some quck bucks while learning english! Am i wrong guys? But i tell u onething...i will always strive to be a techie.

No comments: